To start off this post I would like to explain how amazing my mom is and I know that I have already bragged about my spectacular family, but I simply can not resist doing it again! My mom is one of the most compassionate and service oriented people I have every meet. She is always the one to offer service to anyone in need and is known throughout our stake and community as the kindest lady. To some, her nickname is "Angel" and it is obvious why...she is simply AMAZING!!!
Ever since I was little, I remember my mom trying to teach my siblings and I how to be kind, compassionate, and offer service towards others. Every night at the dinner table she would ask us all what we had done that day to serve others. It did not matter if what we had to say was big or small, we just had to say something. Sometimes it would be hard to remember to give service to someone but because of my mom's teachings, it has become easier to notice the needs of others.
As I headed off this past month to come up to BYU, my mom gave me one last piece of advice. She told me that everything would be difficult and strange as I started my new life away from home. However, she warned me that I should never forget how to serve and be compassionate towards others. So this past month I have been praying and asking the Lord how I could follow my mom's advice better. Then in church my bishop announced that they would be giving out callings. Of course i was freaking out thinking that i was going to be called to be Relief Society President, but when the call came I was surprised and excited. My bishop called me to be the compassionate service leader for my ward. I am not fully aware of everything that this calling entitles but I know that it was called of God and that he was answering my prayers. Whatever I am asked to do, I know that the Lord will help me. He loves me and with the help of Him and my mother, I will be able to become a kinder and more compassionate person and be able to fulfill my calling to the best of my ability.
No comments:
Post a Comment