Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cannon and Temple Wednesdays

Back at home in Las Vegas, I challenged my family to do baptisms together at least once a month. It was difficult with all eight of our busy schedules, but I wanted to see it happen. Everyone agreed and with each month we went, we felt our family growing closer and closer together. However, since my last visit to the temple with my family, I hadn't been until November 2. That night my roommate, the beautiful Sammy Stapley, invited me to go to the temple with her and some friends. Since I hadn't been to the Provo temple I was extremely excited. I got dressed in my Sunday best and headed out with Sammy. I had been stressing about school the past week but as soon as I entered the temple, I simply felt calm. I hadn't felt such peace for two months and I missed it! Then and there I decided that I would attend the temple more often.

So, a few of my friends and I decided to begin a weekly tradition of eating together at the cannon center and then going to the temple to do baptisms. We went last we and what an amazing experience it was! I was able to read my favorite scriptures in 3 Nephi while I was watching my close friends being baptized. It was such a happy feeling to know that all of my friends and I were making the right choices to all be worthy to attend the temple. I am so excited for tomorrow night when I get the opportunity to enter the House of the Lord once more.

4 comments:

  1. It's awesome how when you go to the temple all you're worries aren't as important. I love the peaceful feeling there. You're awesome Emily to have that challenge with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the temple! I've tried going weekly, and I'm surprised how stress-relieving it is. I always worry that I won't have time to go before I make the trip, but I seem to have extra time afterward to get my schoolwork done. It just clears my head! My only question is... what exactly is your favorite scripture??

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite scripture happens to be two whole chapters (is that even allowed?). But they are 3 Nephi 17 and 18 when Jesus comes to the Americas after his resurrection and talks to the people and the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the temple, but haven't been able to find time to go, maybe I just need to try to find the time...

    ReplyDelete