Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Favorite People

Although I was excited to come home for Thanksgiving break to see my family, I was a little nervous as well. So many people had told me that going home was a strange experience and that everything would be different. I was told that I would have to watch what I say and do around my parents. I was also told that there might be tension and possibly awkward situations. However, I was shocked to find that everything I had been told was false. Everything was still pretty much the same (except for my younger brother's height). I got along with my family, I talked with my family, and I even preferred hanging out with my family over my high school friends.

So this Thanksgiving I have decided that what I am the most grateful for is my family. I am grateful for my parents and my siblings. They are the kindest, funniest, weirdest, loveliest group of people that I know. I feel so happy and loved when I am around then. Everyone supports each other and cares what the other has to say. Yes, we have our little disagreements, but what family doesn't? We always have the greatest time with each other and always have so much to laugh about. I love all of our inside jokes and the fun activities we do together. Just this weekend, we had tennis matches, competitions, and temple trips. I just love them and am so excited that I have the blessed opportunity to live with them for eternity. They simply are my favorite people.

3 comments:

  1. Ah happy day! It was the same for me... it was like nothing changed. Sounds like a great break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me, it was all the same as it's always been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad that it was the same for me, too (and that you felt this way)! I was kind of worried when everyone in Writing was saying how they didn't enjoy being home, because I LOVED it! I love my family!

    ReplyDelete