Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Plan of Happiness

Today in relief society our lesson was on the post-mortal spirit world. At first I was listening, but not really listening with my heart. Then one of the teachers mentioned how the knowledge of the plan of happiness not only blesses us as individuals but as friends able to help others with difficult times in their lives. I immediately thought of my best friend from high school and the struggle she went through during our junior year of high school.

 I remember walking out to lunch just like any other day. My friend then came up to me and as I looked at her I could tell something was wrong. She was crying and when I pulled her to the side she informed me that her best friend from her childhood had been killed in a car accident. Her friend was on his way home from a motocross tournament up in the mountains. As he was on his way down the canyon with his trailer full of motocross bikes, his car hit some ice on the road and started rolling down the canyon. Her friend was killed instantly. I did not know exactly what to say to her but i just tried to comfort her with the knowledge that he was in the care of our Savior. I told her that she would see him again and that it would all be okay. She is Mormon so she fully understood the Plan of Happiness, but I still could never imagine the pain that she went through and still feels knowing that he is gone. She has told me how grateful she is that I was there that day to help her and to remind her of our Heavenly Father's plan.

I am so grateful to have known how to comfort her and to know that no matter what she will get to see her friend again. I am so grateful to know that the Plan of Happiness is real. Through it, I know that I will be able to see my grandfathers who have previously passed on. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ I will be able to live with my family forever. I know that if I live righteously I will receive the miraculous blessing of living with my Savior and my Father in Heaven again. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and I know that they love me. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Brother Bott gave a great lesson on the Plan of Salvation, it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete