I had such an amazing experience today when i least expected it. I thought that I was going to be bored out of my mind and waste my time, but I was wrong. Today, I attended the Men's Choir and Women's Choir performance and it was beautiful! I had to attended for my voice class and at first I was a little upset that I had to spend my Saturday afternoon watching and listening to people sing. Yes, I do usually enjoy attending choir concerts, but seriously, on a Saturday? So, of course I went with a negative, sarcastic attitude.
However, as the music started, that negative attitude of mine quickly changed and I thought it was incredible. Both choirs started out with spiritual songs about the Savior and as I listened, I began thinking of my own life. I thought of how blessed I am to know that the Savior lives and that he cares for me. One of the songs talked about how he knows every need and every sorrow and every trial we go through. I thought of the stresses in my life right and simply felt calm. I knew I would have to face everything and that it would be hard, but I knew that it would be okay. Overall, I am happy that I was able to "waste" my time by attending the vocal performance because I loved it!

I love when I think I'm about to waste my time and then it turns out being so good for me. It is doing the things we might not always want to do but are prompted to and are able to have such a great experience because of it.
ReplyDeleteThat happens to me all the time... going in with a negative attitude and coming out uplifted. Love it.
ReplyDeleteCan I just say that I literally did the EXACT same thing?! Same concert, same night, same attitude (I had to go for Music 101), and same outcome! They were amazing, and I really enjoyed hearing such amazing music.
ReplyDeleteThat's so crazy! I can't believe the same thing happened to both of us.
ReplyDeleteOh and didn't you just love the last number by the men's choir. I think it was "Paint Your Wagon" or something like that.
ReplyDeleteMy roommate is in the Men's Choir, and even when he just practices here at our dorm, he brings such a great spirit.
ReplyDelete